Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Uncle's Shop (Part II)

In my last article I supported big malls coming up .I said that it might not matter too much for our Uncles' . But today I got the news that shop beneat my house is shutting down. They are not able to sustain now.Earnings are decreasing day by day due to upcoming shopping malls. I felt so sad.

The bond I was talking last time became more evident. He was not a mere shopkeeper but our neighbour too.We never had to worry about buying essential groccery no matter whether we had money or not. It never mattered whether it was end of month or starting. It never mattered whether out relatives or parents were visiting us when we were running short of money.

I remember at times I used to run late for my office and on the way just used to grab my packet of biscuits for break fast without even asking the price and without even paying for it. Some times used to pick it up by my own to avoid the waiting period because of other customers.

Can never even think of repeating the same in any big mall. No body will give u any thing even if you are just a penny short.

Thats the importance of these uncles shops.

I gonaa miss them a lot.

3 comments:

Sandeep said...

ye to bahut bura hua..

Mann said...

yes dear,
we are bearing the pain now.
we have to struggle for even small things now a days, when he(uncle) has shifted his shop.
it is really sad :(

mixdbrew said...

so true na neeru...those kind of personal bonds are being lost day by day in India.

India is becoming more n more impersonal and cold...much like the west.

i miss drinking chai from corner shops on misty mornings, while sharing a good conversation with the shopkeeper. U can never have the same feel in a 'hip' cafe vid jarring music.

Sigh...well, all good things come 2 an end. i just wish it wasn't in my lifetime :(