Friday, April 10, 2009

Quest to be the Best!!

When I was in high school - On showing answer sheets to mom, was always confronted with same question ,"Who got the highest?"

Later there were many debates on this topic . Whether it is a good practice to relate? Or Whether each student should be appreciated for what ever S/he got. Whether it motivates a student or does the opposite?

I am not here to debate but just to write my thoughts. I think it has definitely motivated me . Always inspired me to be among the best. No doubt, there was always an extra burden while writing exams and more while getting back answer sheets. There was always more curiosity about knowing the competitors marks than your own.

Today, after more than a decade; I realize how important this question is. If handled with care, it plays a very important role in one's life. It is the quest of being among the best which differentiates . It is the quest which makes you to go out of comfort zone. It is the quest which innovates. It is the quest which prohibits you from being complacent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes dear,
u r right.
its imp to know who is chasing us in the competition ;)
well don forget u used to relate urself even with me. guess that was not fair. wat do u say?
hehe