Saturday, September 29, 2007

India Shinning

My Parents are here now a daz. Yesterdy we went to McDonalds.Had burgers. I had feeling of gratitude and pride. Pride as I was with parents, who hardly roamed around in their life. Today they were sitting in McDonalds. They could not even pronunce the name. But they were enjoying Burgers. They were looking around. They were wondering the way young and neatly dressed up guys were clearing the tables. They were enjoying and I loved it.

Then I saw another elderly couple coming in. They were from Southern part of India. it was evident that thay had come to visit their children. I could sense the same feelings on their face.

I started thinking that they would have never imagined this world. They were living in their own small towns and that was the world for them. I remember my mom spending 20 hrs of day in kitchen. It was her karm bhoomi. My dad busy with his govt job. I know this was the same story in 70% of houses in india. All middle class families were like this. They were just earning enough to raise their kids. They were not in position to look beyond their world.They dint have enough resources and time.But one thing they did was,educating the kids with the best possible options available. As they knew only that could change lives.

But, I doubt they would have imagined a life style what their kids are living now.(especially IT grads). Thanks to globalization, which made this possible. Due to Globalization, Indian grads are getting opportunities to serve the MNCs and earn moolahs. This has not only helped in earning but has also provided the vision to look beyond. As people have immense knowledge available, just on a click. They r exposed to international lifestyle. All this has really added value to Indian middle class. It has raised their standards. I think today parents will be thinking that they made the best investments by educating their kids. All thanx goes to flat world and also indian Govt to acceept this fact and to open the doors.

I think India is truely shininig. May be it is still limited to a small segemnt but the wave has begun :)I can see the shine reflecting in some of the eyes.

4 comments:

Sardaar said...

Hi Neeru,

While browsing came across your thoughts (Blog), its nice.

Keep Writing....

Regards,
Amit Raj
http://www.arkweb.blogspot.com/

Sandeep said...

Do take them to CH.

Doctor of Recruitment said...

Nice but one thing here everyone is missing the right person to Thank. We should be thankful to PV Narsimha Rao.. who started this. Surprisingly and sadly no one remember the very man who was the man behind it :)

Manish said...

Great post.
Today I got the real meaning of India Shining.