Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Mothers Day



This is my fourth mother's day as a mom. It has been amazing, exciting, fun but crazy time.
Here are my favorites of motherhood:
Gone are the days when 'Times' and 'Business Today' used to be the first choice of magazine. Favorite magazine now is 'Parents' magazine.

Only book I have read other than the kids story books is book about 'picky eaters'. Have read 'Good Night Moon' and 'Runway bunny' at least 1000 times by now.

I am now an expert in taking shower in three minutes. I feel lucky if I get those three minutes during the day. Usual shower time has shifted to 9 p.m just before putting kids to sleep.

Every night, I hope that kids will sleep and I will be able to get 'me' time. But then call it laziness or whatever you want to, I am unable to put that kiddo sleeping on my chest; down on his bed. Hence My bed time has shifted to 10 p.m as well with one kid sleeping on top of me and other on my extended arm.

I have memorized all nursery rhymes by heart. I don't really notice listening those in car even when kids are not around. My youtube page is filled with TV shows like curious George, Mickey mouse and Disney movies.

No stress is bigger than kids not eating properly, which has been a constant struggle. Only thing which is terrible than that is when they throw up after an hour long stressful eating session.
Nothing hurts more than kids feeling sick.

Any shopping is incomplete without atleast one kids' item in the list.

The best place in the mall is kids play area. Many times this had been our motivation to go to mall on muggy days.

Extending your hand when kid is about to throw up has become like reflex action. It sounds gross while writing about it, but at that moment I don't even think of it.

I feel surprised when I find a neat pair of clothes without any food marks on it. Sometimes I have found stains while sitting in meetings at office. Now I just try to scratch those off without a hint of frown.

It takes six sittings to finish a movie. Infact movies have turned into series of episodes.

Laundry keeps piling up after several attempts to fold it on time. Sometimes these attempts get wasted when kids start jumping over the folded clothes. This list goes on.

These are just few fun things of being mom. All this is worth when the reward is invaluable hugs and kisses. I am sure all you moms can relate to this. So wishing all you super moms a very Happy Mothers Day. Special Thanks to my mom for doing all this for me and my siblings, while working relentlessly at home.





No comments: